Jasmin Fowler-Puja

I was born Pennsylvania, and grew up part-time in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. I'm also half Balinese and spent much of my childhood in Bali, Indonesia.  I think that having grown up in such vastly different cultures has lead me to notice just how differently people/cultures view the environment.  There's definitely a noticable difference in how people think about and handle environmental

issues, and seeing that differences between my own cultures is something that I think sparked my interest in culture and its effects on the envoronment as well as other things.

I am currently a freshman at Skidmore College, planning to study art, dance, and cultural antrhopology.  

Sofia Jenssen

My name is Sofia Jenssen and I am a first year student at Skidmore College. I'm originally from Lower Merion, PA, and I love traveling and exploring the outdoors. My appreciation for nature stemmed my interests in environmental studies as well as solutions to the problems that human pressures have caused on our planet. This seminar, "Can Literature Save the Environment?", asks a question that I may not be able to answer (yet), but can observe the major differences a piece of literature can make in solving environmental issues. I also love to bike, eat, and pet the closest dogs I can find.  I hope you enjoy this site and project!