Greetings Skidmore Community!

Welcome to my writing portfolio, where I am displaying three pieces of my writing for your pleasure. For this project, I chose to display a satire from my writing seminar, a paper from my Intro to Comparative Politics course, and my college application essay. I choose each of these works for a particular reason: the satire because it was fun to write, the Government paper because of its interesting content, and the college essay because of its personal nature. These pieces show both strengths and weaknesses in my writing. As far as strengths go, I believe that they show off my unique voice as a writer as well as the breadth of writing styles that I have learned to adopt (satirical, analytical, informal). In terms of weaknesses, readers may notice that at times my writing appears disjointed - an effect of my own quirks as a writer and, if you have had the pleasure of meeting me, the rapidity of my speech. I would like you, the oh-so fortunate reader, to pay attention to the tone of each of these works, as they vary greatly. Also, have fun with it! I am quite fond of each of these papers, and I hope that you enjoy reading them just the same. 

Best,

Jason Sutherland