This section of my portfolio includes a midterm submitted for my Scribner Seminar, Mother Russia's Daughters and Sons, taught by Professor Kate Graney. The course studies Russian history, politics, and culture through a Gender Studies lens, paying close attention to portrayals of femininity and masculinity from the country's birth to present day. Throughout the course students read and wrote analyses of primary source documents as such as journal entries, letters, minutes, and autobiographies. 

The assignment I have chosen (which actually consists of two essays) from this class demonstrates my ability to incorporate said primary source documents into analysis, as well as serves as a good example of a well-organized paper.

In this section the assignment, the final version that I turned in, the revised version after grading, and a short reflection are all included and can be viewed. The revised version was neither mandatory nor turned in, and includes minor revisions primarily involving grammar and sentence structure.