This experience of getting to know Rabbi Linda Motzkin has been very interesting and educational. Even though our goal for the interview was to get to know her interms of literature and the environment, I feel like I have learned so much more. We discussed feminism, politics, business, our childhoods, and more and I think our conversation really broadened the way I view the environmental issue. It can't been seen as just the issue itself; the problem is not ust that the environment has been damaged and changed by human activity. It is irrevocably intertwined the socioeconomic issues issues of today and perceptions of society.

I enjoyed the process of this project because it allowed me to go beyond the realm of curriculum and school and into the "real world." It is one thing to read environmental issue, to know about the issues. But I find it fascinating to see how those things play out in people lives, for better or for worse. I was able to make connections to my own life and it got me thinking...what can I do?